Penguins are such adorable animals, with their waddle-y walk and tuxedo birthday suit who couldn’t love these little and sometimes huge black and white birds? If I had the time, I would make a whole flock of these little guys with my little one and create a true Happy Feet wall, throw a party and turn my wall into a background for photos. I hope you’ll have fun making this penguin craft with your little one.
Project ideal for this Little Crafter
What you’ll need
- Two paper plates
- Orange and black paint, crayons or markers
- Googly eyes (optional)
How-to make this craft
- Cut up a paper plate as shown below. This craft uses every piece you cut out so don’t throw anything away!
- Paint the two wings black and the three triangles orange.
- Paint a black v-shaped ‘hairline’ on the penguin’s head as shown.
- After the paint has dried, glue the two wings onto the top rim of second paper plate, the big orange triangle onto the penguin face for it’s beak, and the two small orange triangles onto the bottom rim of the plate for it’s feet.
- Glue two googly eyes above the penguin’s beak, or just color them onto the face if you don’t have any googly eyes laying around.
Did you make this penguin craft, how did it turn out?
Craft project by Craft Jr.