Lorie from Reading Confetti and her four-year old came up with this educational octopus paper plate craft that is a fun way to teach your little ones number recognition. What better way to learn your numbers than from an 8-legged sea creature.
This craft is ideal for this Little Crafter
Preschooler (3-5 years old)
What you’ll need
- paper plate
- red paint
- googly eyes (2)
- 2 packs of numbered stickers (1-8) or a marker to write the numbers with
- ribbon (gift wrap or other)
- hot glue / glue gun
How-to make this craft
- Start by painting a paper plate. Let it dry completely.
- Add googly eyes and draw on the mouth.
- Use the number stickers to label the places where the arms should go. (Tip from Lorie: You could also just write them on, but he loves stickers and I got a huge sheet of number stickers from the dollar store.)
- Hot glue some gift wrap ribbon or similar onto eight clothespins and put a number sticker on each of those.
- Then match up the numbers on the clothespins to the paper plate numbers.
Will you make this craft? Will you do anything differently?