Some cool facts about brown bears:
- A brown bear may chow down on 90 pounds of food each day.
- During the fall, a brown bear eats practically around the clock, stocking up for the 4 to 7 months when it will have to live off stored body fat.
- During hibernation, the bear’s heart rate drops from about 40 beats a minute to as low as 8 beats a minute.
- Baby bear cubs when born are the size of a chipmunk.
- Male brown bears average about 700 pounds. Females average about 350 pounds.
- Standing upright on its hind legs, an average-sized male brown bear may reach seven feet (two meters).
Ideal for this type of Little Crafter
Kindergarten – 3rd grade
What you’ll need
- 2 Large brown plastic plates
- 2 Cream colored plastic plates or foam
- One matching small drinking cup
- One small black drinking cup
- Large Wiggle eyes
- Craft glue
- Black Marker
How-to make this craft
- Start by painting your paper plate and letting it dry before gluing any of the face and ears.
- Turn a glass upside down and trace two circles on the brown plate for the bears ears. Cut out.
- Cut out two smaller circles from the cream plate or foam and glue to the center of the brown circles. Glue to the large large brown paper plate. (see picture for placement)
- Draw a large oval on cream colored plate or foam for bear’s face. Glue to lower portion of plate. (see picture).
- Cut brown cup down for bear’s nose leaving two tabs to affix nose to face. Fold tabs inward and glue so you can affix to bear’s face at the upper part of the oval.
- Glue on wiggle eyes and draw mouth and freckles with marker.
This project by Free Kids Crafts
More related crafts:
age|3rd grade age|kindergarten age|preschool age|preschooler age|toddler color|black color|blue color|brown color|gray color|white color|yellow material|beads material|button material|buttons material|cotton balls material|googly eye material|googly eyes material|paper material|paper plate material|paper towel roll material|ribbon material|tissue box material|tissue paper material|toilet paper roll meterial|paper plate subject|animal subject|bear subject|bird subject|box subject|bugs subject|fish subject|insect subject|lamb subject|nature subject|nest subject|ocean subject|octopus subject|panda subject|penguin subject|polar bear subject|shark subject|sheep subject|under the sea subject|water sujbect|animal